Friday, June 12, 2015

Ocean Water


Sinking softly into the wet sand beneath my feet,
I wait patiently for the next light wave
To bring a rush of cool ocean water over my bare toes.
My knees weaken with intimidation
As I stare out at the never ending ocean
Expanding beyond the wide horizon.
The soft purple light of the sky reflects off the water,
Forcing the sky and ocean to become one.
I stand right in this spot every Sunday.
Sometimes, I think the ocean remembers me,
Holds back its tide as it waits for me
And releases it once I come.
I don't have a purpose when I come here;
I don't walk down the shore or go for a swim.
I just stand and stare,
Pondering and dreaming.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment